3 Guy Supply is pleased to offer training that is Ohio Concealed Handgun License compliant, and which is scheduled per what works for your calendar (and, of course, the instructor's).
This is a single-day course composed of 2 hours of online training at your own pace prior to class, 4 hours of in-person training, and two hours of hands-on firearms training (for a total of 8 hours). If you have your own firearm, you may bring it, but please be sure to bring your firearm unloaded, and in a bag or box. This course offers a much smaller setting than our usual 15-20 students per class, and offers you the ability to ask more questions and get more direct instruction.
In our classes, you will learn and experience:
- Firearm Safety Rules (and contrast against NRA's rules)
- Ammunition and handgun (revolver and pistol) anatomy and operation
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Legalities of conceaped carry
- Law Enforcement Officer interaction
- Self Defense as a legal defense
- Anatomy of a defensive shooting
- Situational Awareness
- How to apply for your Ohio CHL
- Hands-on weapons handling
- Live-fire range time
(see below for the specifics of what Ohio specifically requires)
For those who cannot or do not wish to bring their own firearms and ammunition, we will provide .22 LR pistols and ammunition. However, we strongly recommend using the same pistol you will be carrying. Please note that if we provide ammunition and firearms for you, your course of fire will be the minimum necessary to qualify. If you wish to shoot more extensively, please consider either purchasing our ammo to shoot in our pistols, or bring additional ammunition for your firearm.
Class details such as time and date are identified to registered students prior to class.
are available at a slightly higher rate, and are scheduled directly with the instructors.
Please with any questions you might have, or if you're interested in our next class.
Please be sure to read our regarding class refunds and reschedules.
We are an NRA-certified instructor organization.
From a recent Student:Thx for the class last week. Very informative, laid back, just a good time. It was a lot more exciting, lol, than I thought it would be. You did a great Job. I will definitely recommend friends and family!
WE DO NOT ACCEPT STUDENTS FROM OTHER INSTRUCTORS WHO USE OUR ONLINE TRAINING.
requires that you spend 8 hours, learning the following:
(1) Each course, class, or program described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), or (e) of this section shall provide to each person who takes the course, class, or program the web site address at which the pamphlet prepared by the Ohio peace officer training commission pursuant to section 109.731 of the Revised Code that reviews firearms, dispute resolution, and use of deadly force matters may be found. Each such course, class, or program described in one of those divisions shall include at least eight hours of training in the safe handling and use of a firearm that shall include training, provided as described in division (G)(3) of this section, on all of the following:
The ability to name, explain, and demonstrate the rules for safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition;
(b) The ability to demonstrate and explain how to handle ammunition in a safe manner;
(c) The ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner;
(d) Gun handling training;
(e) A minimum of two hours of in-person training that consists of range time and live-fire training.
(2) To satisfactorily complete the course, class, or program described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), or (e) of this section, the applicant shall pass a competency examination that shall include both of the following:
(a) A written section, provided as described in division (G)(3) of this section, on the ability to name and explain the rules for the safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition;
(b) An in-person physical demonstration of competence in the use of a handgun and in the rules for safe handling and storage of a handgun and a physical demonstration of the attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner.
3 Guy Supply covers all of this, and much, MUCH more.