Log In /
Check Order Status
Your Current Location:
Concealed Handgun License Training
Click to enlarge
Concealed Handgun License Training
Mfg Part ID: CHLGroupTraining
Open Enrollment Class
Private Class (+50.00)
Private Class Flex (+75.00)
3 Guy Supply is pleased to offer training that is Ohio Concealed Handgun License compliant, now in three different timing options for your convenience.
Ohio Revised Code (
) requires that you attend eight(8) hours of training, at least two hours of which must be in-person training that consists of range time and live-fire training.
To achieve this, 3 Guy Supply has created an online training system that lets you complete two hours of training (as well as a test) that you can do on your own time, at your own pace, prior to class time.
We then meet with you to complete the remainder of the class time as well as the range time.
In our classes, you will learn and experience:
- Firearm Safety Rules (and contrast against NRA's rules)
- Ammunition and handgun (revolver and pistol) anatomy and operation
- Fundamentals of Shooting
- Legalities of conceaped carry
- Law Enforcement Officer interaction
- Self Defense as a legal defense
- Anatomy of a defensive shooting
- Situational Awareness
- How to apply for your Ohio CHL
- Hands-on weapons handling
- Live-fire range time
If you have your own firearm, you may bring/use it (and we actively recommend this!), but please be sure to transport your firearm unloaded, and in a bag or box, in accordance with Ohio's laws on transportation of firearms.
If you don't have your own firearm, we do bring a selection with us that we use in-class (please do not bring any ammunition into the class space!), and we will also bring ammunition for use in our firearms for the range portion of class.
We offer three different options for you to complete this training.
The first option is our
classes, which we schedule based on our availability. You can view our upcoming Open Enrollment classes on our
Class details such as time and date are identified to registered students prior to class.
The second option is a
, which cost slightly more, and which are scheduled based not just on the instructor's availability, but also your availability. We typically conduct classes on Saturdays or Sundays, given the length of class time.
The third option is a
Private Class, 'Flexed'
such that we split the class up over a period of several days, in order to accommodate students who do not have a solid six hour time frame available. This costs slightly more again, given the additional time and prep required. Please
with any questions you might have, or if you're interested in scheduling your private class.
Please be sure to read our
regarding class refunds and reschedules.
We are an NRA-certified instructor organization.
From a recent Student:
Thx for the class last week. Very informative, laid back, just a good time. It was a lot more exciting, lol, than I thought it would be. You did a great Job. I will definitely recommend friends and family!
WE DO NOT ACCEPT STUDENTS FROM OTHER INSTRUCTORS WHO USE OUR ONLINE TRAINING.
Ohio Revised Code
requires that you spend 8 hours, learning the following:
(1) Each course, class, or program described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), or (e) of this section shall provide to each person who takes the course, class, or program the web site address at which the pamphlet prepared by the Ohio peace officer training commission pursuant to section 109.731 of the Revised Code that reviews firearms, dispute resolution, and use of deadly force matters may be found. Each such course, class, or program described in one of those divisions shall include at least eight hours of training in the safe handling and use of a firearm that shall include training, provided as described in division (G)(3) of this section, on all of the following:
The ability to name, explain, and demonstrate the rules for safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition;
(b) The ability to demonstrate and explain how to handle ammunition in a safe manner;
(c) The ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner;
(d) Gun handling training;
(e) A minimum of two hours of in-person training that consists of range time and live-fire training.
(2) To satisfactorily complete the course, class, or program described in division (B)(3)(a), (b), (c), or (e) of this section, the applicant shall pass a competency examination that shall include both of the following:
(a) A written section, provided as described in division (G)(3) of this section, on the ability to name and explain the rules for the safe handling of a handgun and proper storage practices for handguns and ammunition;
(b) An in-person physical demonstration of competence in the use of a handgun and in the rules for safe handling and storage of a handgun and a physical demonstration of the attitude necessary to shoot a handgun in a safe manner.
3 Guy Supply
covers all of this, and much, MUCH more.
Corporate Info & Policies
| © Copyright 2019, 3 Guy Supply Online |